Process on How to Link Aadhaar Card with Income Tax Return (ITR)
- To link your Aadhaar Card with PAN Card you will have to visit income tax India e-filing website by clicking here.
- Just login to your IT Account by entering your PAN Card Number and Password.
- Once you are logged in into your IT Account in next screen it will ask you to feed your Aadhaar Number.
- Before linking your Aadhaar Card with PAN Card make sure that your name and date of birth appears same in Aadhaar and PAN Card. If not then you will not be able to link your Aadhaar Number with PAN Card.
- Once filling the Income Tax form you will have to upload it to the portal, once uploading the form to the portal it will ask you to select type of verification and they are as follows.
- I already have EVC and I want to submit it.
- I don’t have EVC and I want to generate it.
- To verify return I want to generate Aadhaar OTP.
- I will verify later and want to submit ITR-V now.
- To link ITR with Aadhaar you will have to select option 3, on selecting option 3 you will receive OTP on your registered mobile number. Just enter the OTP in the field and submit it and your form will get verified. Once successfully verifying you will be able to easily download ITR-V.
Note: When linking your Aadhaar Number with ITR make sure details like name, address, and mobile number matches in both ITR and Aadhaar Card. If it’s not same than your form will not get verified.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar Number with Income Tax Return
- On e-verifying your form with Aadhaar Number and once paying return.
- No need to fill ITR-V hard copy.
- No need to sign.
- No need to send hard copy for receiving.
Once linking your Aadhaar Card Number with Return, on your registered aadhaar mobile number you will receive notifications through SMS by Income Tax Department. And this message will be work as proof. On verifying your form with Aadhaar the taxpayer will not have to send ITR-V to Bangalore.
Also Read: Link Aadhaar Card to Voter Card Online