It is very essential to have correct mobile number linked to your Aadhaar Card to download e-aadhaar pdf, find aadhaar status, update aadhaar card details, change aadhaar address and much more. As to carry on these tasks you will need the OTP which you will receive on your registered mobile number. So now let’s carry on with the procedure on how to update mobile number in Aadhar.
Procedure on How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar
There are two methods to update mobile number in Aadhar Card and they are Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Online and Update Mobile Number in Aadhar through Post. So today we will mention the both two procedures on how to change mobile number in Aadhar Card.
Update Mobile Number in Aadhar through an Online Process
- Open you favorite web browser and visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- To login with Aadhaar, enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, complete the text verification by entering the same text displayed in the image and click on send otp.
- You will received OTP (One Time Password) on your existing registered mobile number, enter the same OTP received on your mobile number in the enter otp field and click on login button.
- Once you are logged in you will get option to select fields to update like Name, Gender, DOB, Address, mobile number and email id. So to update or change your mobile number just select mobile number and click on submit button.
- On next page you will have to enter the new mobile number which you want to update and click on submit request update.
- On next screen you will get a review update to once again check or confirm the mobile number entered, if everything is correct than accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained here is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- Note down the URN or you can even take a print out to track update mobile number in Aadhar Request Update Status it in future.
Update Mobile Number in Aadhar through Post
- To update mobile number in Aadhar through post download the Aadhaar Data Update/ Correction Form by clicking here.
- Take print out of the Aadhaar Data Update/ Correction Form and start filling up the form. From the first field for update/correction select mobile as you want to update mobile number.
- Fill all the details in block letters and make sure the local language gets correctly translated. Enter your new mobile number which you want to register with Aadhaar Card. Enclose the supported documents and pack it into an envelope and send it to below address. To know the list of documents accepted for Aadhaar Update click here.
UIDAIPost Box No. 10,Chhindwara,Madhya Pradesh – 480001,IndiaORUIDAIPost Box No. 99,Banjara Hills,Hyderabad – 500034,India
Once your update request application is processed you will receive notification in the form of message on your mobile number.
Also Read: Aadhaar Card Photo Update