If your name is changed after marriage or you moved to a new city, you don’t want to have old details in your AADHAAR Card. UIDAI has introduced Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal for those who want to update their information online.
Before going to first, make sure you have your mobile with you. You will need it to verify. You will need mobile number that you entered at the time of enrollment. If you have not declared mobile number at the time of enrollment, you can use your current mobile number to verify.
If you have changed your mobile number, that you declared at the time of enrollment, you have to visit your nearest Update Center or request through post.
Follow these instruction to make changes in your AADHAAC Card.
- Open Update Portal.
- Enter your AADHAR Number and captcha, Click on Send OTP.
- You will see new box Enter received OTP, enter code that you received on your mobile and Login.
- Select the fields you want to update. You can select more than one field.
- Fill the all fields with current details in English and local language. (For more details, see Instruction for filling Aadhaar Update Form)
- Attach self attested documents as per the Valid Documents List.
[li]Name Correction/Update : Requires PoI listed in “Supported Proof of Identity(PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update”[/li]
[li]Date of Birth Correction : Requires DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents”[/li]
[li]Address Corrections/Change : Requires PoA listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address”[/li]
- Verify all the data in English and local language. Your Date of Birth and any numeric data will not appear in local language.
- Submit request and note down Update Request Number (URN) for future. You can also download or print Update Request copy.
Instruction for filling Aadhaar Update Form
- Fill all details in English and local language. Portal will enable the local language which was used at the time of enrollment.
- Fill only current details. There is no need to fill your old name or address. Fill the current and updated information only.
- Do not use salutations/titles like Dr., Mr., Mrs etc.
- DoB should be in DDMMYYYY format. Resident can only change his DoB only once. Make sure you are updating correct date.
- Write your full address, your card will be delivered to this address only. If you face any issues with Pin code or any other related data contact UIDAI contact centre at [email protected]
- If you want to include Guardian / Parent / Spouse name as part of your address, select appropriate box in C/o details and enter the name of the person in the subsequent field. It is not mandatory to use C/o in address, it is only used to deliver your aadhar card.
- You have to full the complete address and submit Proof of Address (PoA) if you want to update/correct only C/o details. It is ok if C/o details are not mentioned in your PoA document.
- You must be available on mobile for verification. Application status will be intimated by sending SMS on his mobile number.
- Check all details before you submit.
- Self attest the documents you are submitting. Your name must be clearly mentioned below the signatures when self attesting the documents.
- You do not have to submit all documents proof again. Submit only the documents which are required to support the Change/ Correction. For eg. You do not need to submit DoB proof if you change your address.
- Aadhar letter will not be given on address for update of mobile number. It will be delivers only in case of Update/Correction in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender.
- Information submission does not guarantee Aadhaar data update. All information submitted is subject to verification and validation. Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application and you may face penal provisions under prevailing laws.
173 thoughts on “AADHAR Card Online Correction, Name, DoB and Address Update”
Case no 20221118000486 there is no response from your end
i had already registered my mobile no with Adhar through vodafone retailer but still I am not getting the
on line OTP in my mobile no,registered with vodafone. what the government want to do by telling one by
one to be attached to adhar. why duplication of work. Is it the way the govt wants to work when the information are available on line. what is the use of modern technology when the duplication of work is still
Similarly the mobile no of my daugher and wife is already registered with adhar while submiting the application for adhar and the same is appearing in the acknowledgment still vodafone store insist for linking the mobile no with adhar.
Is it not the duplication of work and why unnecessary harassment to the people
does the government gone mad to say that the adhar is to be registered with vendor. Why they are not getting the information of the mobiles registered with you to avoid duplication of work there by avoiding unnecessary line and wastage of time.Is it the way of working of the government.
Aadhar no 929707335168
Change dob karna hai
I have a Aadhar card and have moved abroad for sometime. I’d like to update my mobile number only in the card. I’m unable to update it online as the OTP will be sent to my old number which i’m not using anymore. Please let me know the procedure its urgent.
I want to change my phone number, since wrong number was typed. How to change please let me know.. its urgent.
pls re send my mob no 8220383307
i lost my aadhar phone massage
Anita shivshankar kolpkar navache adhar Card aahe ka
Change dob 1996 karna hai my addhar no 616914945975
There is a problem in app. as If somebody wants to change the mobile no., the OTP will be send to the previous(old) one while since old one is not working thats why want to change the new no…..